Part Three. Subject summary:
- The book 'Saranagati' is very important and
worshipable for practitioners. You may not know the Gita, the Bhagavat,
Upanishads, Puranas, but if you know the 'Saranagati' book of Srila
Bhaktivinoda Thakura, then there is no loss for you.
- I am very fortunate that Srila Guru Maharaj
gave 'tick mark' of which songs are very important, less important,
- He gave me a big Sankirttan book. At that
time I memorised "Keshava! Tuwa jagata vichitra..." by Srila Bhaktivinoda
- Devotee: Maharaj, I'm trying to think what
you didn't memorise at that time!
- Srila Govinda Maharaj: I have a good memory
largely due to milk. I took so much milk during childhood.
- Why Krishna is Govinda? Why He is a cowherd
boy and His food is ghee, channa, etc.? There is some cause. And why
the Vedas and other Puranas are praising the cow?
- The Vedas say that urine and dung of cows
are very auspicious. We are worshiping that, and cleansing our homes
with cow dung in India. So if cow's urine will give this result, then
what to speak of the benefit of cow's milk.
- Quoting: "Namo brahmanya-devaya..." (Visnu
- He is the God of the Brahmanas, but Krishna
is first giving joy in the heart of the cows, then the Brahmanas.
- Actually His identification is 'Govindaya.'
He is giving joy in the heart of the whole cow family. His original
residence is Gokul. Krishnaya means He is attracting everyone through
His beauty, flute song, etc.